Terms and Conditions
In addition to the General Event Terms and Conditions the following apply:
All pre-booked tickets are purchased via TicketCo. By purchasing from TicketCo you will be asked to accept their terms and conditions at the time of booking.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to any person who holds a ticket for the Event on Saturday or who’s ticket includes entry to the Barn Bar on Saturday.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to anyone accessing the public area of the Barn Bar on all other days.
- Entry on Saturday is guaranteed with a valid ticket or wristband; however this is subject to capacity.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy against drugs and aggressive behaviour.
- The music and entertainment line-up are subject to change at any time.
- You must retain your Ticket at all times. Tickets and wristbands (if applicable) will not be replaced under any circumstances.
- Each guest will receive a wristband on entry, which must not be removed until departure. Failure to show an intact wristband on request by stewards will lead to entry to the enclosure area being refused and could result in you being asked to leave the Event.
- Saturday is over 21s only. A challenge 25 Policy will be in operation. Please bring acceptable photographic ID.
- Only food and drink purchased in the Barn Bar, the Redgrave Bar and from Styles Ice Cream is permitted in the Barn Bar.
- Children and persons under 18 must be accompanied at all times and at all times remain the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
- Please refer to www.henleyregatta.com for the Car Park Rules if you are travelling to the Event by car. It is your responsibility to check this prior to attending the Event and ensure you comply.
- We cannot guarantee our food is nut free. Please speak to the catering manager for allergy information on the products in the catering area.
- A smart/casual dress code applies, shirts must be worn at all times, no hooded tops are permitted. You will not be permitted if you are not wearing footwear. We reserve the right to refuse admission with a valid ticket.
- Tickets/bookings are not refundable under any circumstances other than the cancellation of the Event due to Government guidelines on COVID-19.
- The Management will ensure that, where applicable, the Event will comply with the most recent Government guidelines on Covid-19, or any other pandemic, including but not limited to, guidelines regarding numbers of attendees, social distancing measures and contact tracing.