Moorings Terms and Conditions
In addition to the General Event Terms and Conditions the following apply:
1. Bookings will only be confirmed on receipt of full payment.
2. We use the information provided on your application form to allocate a suitable mooring position. We cannot accept responsibility for any problems that could arise as a result of incorrect dimensions being provided.
3. You have booked a ‘mooring space’. This does not grant you permission to erect marquees on the riverbank. Small gazebos (measuring max. 3m x 3m) are acceptable, but any structures larger than this are prohibited and will be removed.
4. BBQs are only permitted if raised well above the ground and we reserve the right to impose a BBQ ban according to weather conditions.
5. No music is permitted to be audible outside of your boat. No music is to be played on the riverbank.
6. Moorings cannot be sub-let. The booking is made with the party named on the booking form and is non-transferable.
7. We reserve the right to change the ‘type’ and ‘structure’ of the mooring.
8. Mooring rates, as quoted, assume 'private use' at all times. If you plan to use your boat and/or mooring space for commercial purposes, this must be agreed in writing from The Copas Partnership in advance. We reserve the right to cancel your booking and remove your boat from our site if this is not adhered to.
9. Camping is only permitted for day boats for security purposes and by prior arrangement. No other camping is permitted by the moorings.
10. Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents at all times.
11. Please remember that the mooring area is located adjacent to a public footpath which must be left clear at all times. This is designated by Wokingham Borough Council as 7 metres from the riverbank.
12. Tickets/bookings are not refundable under any circumstances other than the cancellation of the Event due to Government guidelines on COVID-19. If you are no longer able to attend, we will endeavour to resell your mooring space(s). If we are successful in doing this, we will refund you minus the booking fee.
Environment Agency and Rules of the River
13. Please observe the rules of the river when entering and leaving your mooring.
14. The Environment Agency does not allow boats to be moored two abreast. We cannot accept bookings from boats wishing to moor two abreast and we reserve the right to enforce this rule on site as necessary. Please familiarise yourself with the Harbour Masters notice once issued.
15. All property is left on site at the owner’s risk. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss or injury, which may occur.
16. If you notice any problems with the maintenance of your mooring, please notify The Copas Partnership immediately either via the Moorings Master or by calling the office on 01628 499988.
17. Dogs must be kept on leads to ensure enjoyment for all. Dogs are only permitted in the mooring area. No dogs (except assistance dogs) are allowed in all other areas. Please familiarise yourself with The Dangerous Dogs Act 1989. Any dogs deemed to be ‘out of control’ will be reported the police.
18. Please take care when getting on and off the pontoons. Please only wear sensible shoes when getting on and off your boat & mooring. We accept no responsibility for your safety if you are using the pontoons whilst intoxicated.
19. Please use a torch at night when getting on and off your boat.
20. No tables, umbrellas or BBQs are permitted on the pontoons. Your pontoon should be kept clear at all times.
21. Access is via Gate A. Please note with your mooring you are entitled to one complimentary owners parking ticket, without which you are unable to access the site. All parking tickets will need to be booked online using the codes provided after your booking has been confirmed. These will then be sent out as e-tickets prior to the event. If you arrive to the event without a car park ticket you will be required to pay at the gate and arrange a refund if applicable.
22. You will only be able to access the site from Monday 28th June 2021, if you would like to drop a vehicle off prior to this it must be by arrangement only.
23. If the event is cancelled due to external powers and/or factors beyond our control (e.g. flooding or COVID-19), refunds will be made with a handling charge deducted at our discretion according to the time of cancellation and costs incurred to date.
24. The Copas Partnership reserve the right to cancel your booking immediately if you fail to adhere to any of our terms and conditions and/or Harbour Masters Notice. In such an event, no refund will be made.
25. If The Copas Partnership is forced to cancel your booking for reasons not associated with external factors or factors listed above, a refund will be made with a handling charge deducted at our discretion according to the time cancellation and costs incurred to date. We will not be liable for any loss of profit that may result.
26. In the event of your cancellation with more than one months’ notice, we will attempt to re-let your mooring. If we are able to re-let your mooring, an administration charge (25% of booking) will apply. If we are unable to re-let your mooring, no refund will be given.
27. In the event of cancellation with less than one months’ notice, no refund will be given.