General Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions are applicable to all persons, tickets types and areas within Temple Island Meadows, Remenham Farm during Henley Regatta
In addition to these general terms and conditions please click on the relevant area/ticket types from the Terms and Conditions homepage http://www.henleyregatta.com/booking-terms for specific Terms and conditions for each area.
These Terms and Conditions are issued by The Copas Partnership. Acceptance of these Conditions will result in a legally binding contract between you and The Venue. By purchasing a ticket or entering the Venue you are accepting these Terms and Conditions.
It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with these Conditions
These Terms and Conditions of Entry consist of the general conditions set out in (General Conditions) and the Terms and Conditions applicable to each Ticket Type or area. Please ensure you have familiarised yourself with all the relevant areas.
“You” means you as the holder of the Ticket and “Your” shall be read accordingly.
“Event” means Temple Island Meadows & Remenham Farm during Henley Regatta
“Management or Promoter” means The Copas Partnership
“Terms and Conditions” means terms and conditions posted on www.henleyregatta.com
“Venue” means Temple Island Meadows, Remenham Farm, Remenham, Henley on Thames
“Ticket” means any ticket for You to attend an Event.
“You” means you as the holder of the Ticket and “Your” shall be read accordingly.
- We reserve the right to ensure that any customers we consider to be causing offence to others leave the site. We reserve the right to refuse entry, even with a valid booking.
- We will not be liable for death or injury (except in the case of proven negligence), or for damage to any property, or for any losses or other liability incurred by you or any other person connected with your booking.
- No food or drink is permitted to be brought into the hospitality, public bar or catering areas.
- All vehicles and property are left entirely at the owner’s own risk whilst at Remenham Farm and Temple Island Meadows. We do not accept liability for any damage or theft that may occur.
- Please be aware that a mixed crowd of people attend the Regatta each year. Whilst we do expect high spirits we ask all our customers to be sure that their behaviour does not blight other groups’ enjoyment.
- With the exception of special assistance dogs, no animals are permitted at the Venue.
- No trading without the consent of the Management. Anyone found doing so will have their goods confiscated and they will be removed from the Venue.
- Management reserve the right to refuse admission. Any individual who has previously been ejected from the site should not purchase a Ticket as they will be refused entry to the Event.
- Failure to follow any of the Event Rules and/or Terms and Conditions or behaving in a manner deemed unsociable or potentially dangerous will result in You being ejected from the Event without refund. The Management may prosecute anyone found to be breaking the law.
- The racing and on the water activities are not organised or controlled by the Venue.
- Dangerous driving will result in immediate removal from the venue. Driving under the influence of alcohol will be reported to the police and you will be removed from site.
- You, your vehicle and/or possessions may be searched before entering the Event. If illegal substances are found, you may be prosecuted. Management, at its discretion, may confiscate any item that is deemed illegal or unsuitable. This includes illegal or intoxicating substances, fireworks including flares, sparklers and any flame, smoke or gas device, smoke canisters, portable laser equipment, air horns, spray cans or any item that can be considered a weapon. Any person in possession of such articles may be refused entry or ejected.
- Please respect the local residents when travelling to and from the Event and keep noise to a minimum after 11pm.
- The Management operate a zero tolerance policy with regards to any violence or abuse (verbal, on email or physical) towards any of the staff at any time. Anybody exhibiting inappropriate behaviour may be removed from the event. If this is prior to the event we reserve the right to cancel the ticket and refuse entry to the event. More serious episodes will be reported to the police.
- The Copas Partnership reserve the right to cancel your booking immediately if you fail to adhere to any of our Terms. In such an event, no refund will be made.
- Force Majeure
The Management shall not be in breach of this agreement, nor liable for any failure or delay in performance of any of its obligations under this agreement arising from or attributable to acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond its reasonable control (Force Majeure Event), including but not limited to any of the following: (a) Acts of God, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, windstorm or other natural disaster; (b) war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, breaking off of diplomatic relations or similar actions; (c) any communicable disease or threat or fear of communicable disease (whether actual or perceived) which leads to (i) the imposition of quarantine or restriction in movement or gathering of people or animals by any national or international body or agency or (ii) any travel advisory or warning being issued by a national or international body or agency; (d) terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots; (e) nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom; (f) voluntary or mandatory compliance with any law (including a failure to obtain any license or consent needed or any change in the law or interpretation of the law); (g) fire, explosion or accidental damage; (h) adverse weather conditions; (i) collapse of building structures, failure of plant machinery, machinery, computers or vehicles; (j) any labour dispute, including but not limited to strikes, industrial action or lockouts; (k) non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors (other than by companies in the same group as the party seeking to rely on this clause); (l) interruption or failure of utility service, including but not limited to electric power, gas or water; (m) a decision taken by Operators , operating at The Venue(n) the death of a member of the British royal family; and (o) the failure to make an appearance at or to participate in Henley Royal Regatta of any rowing team or individual competitor, star guest, artist, DJ or performer.
Where the Venue is unable to perform its obligations under these Terms and Conditions it shall use its reasonable endeavours to notify you t of the nature and extent of the Force Majeure Event causing its failure or delay in performance.
- Your acknowledgements:
- The copyright and any other intellectual property rights in any film, or other form of moving picture originated at Temple Island Meadows during Henley Royal Regatta shall not be used by you for any form of public advertisement or display or for any other purposes (except for the non commercial use/private enjoyment of the person making the film) without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of those intellectual property rights;
- The management reserves the right at its absolute discretion not to allow professional still or moving picture camera equipment to be taken into or used respectively at or within the Venue and the remainder of the Premises, and, that still pictures, photographs, moving picture images and/or still pictures which are derived from moving picture images originated or recorded within the Premises shall only be used for the private enjoyment of the person filming or recording such still pictures, photographs or moving picture images and not for any commercial purpose;
- by attending Temple Island Meadows during Henley Royal Regatta you will be deemed to have:
- consented to the use by the Venue (and by any third party approved by management) for the purposes of or in connection with any publication, exhibition or broadcast (including any advertising or promotional literature, campaign or material) in any media worldwide and approved by management , of any still or moving image taken at the Venue Regatta, where such image includes any image of the you; and
- Waived his personality rights and/or privacy rights to the extent necessary to permit such use.
We will use our discretion in deciding when to enforce these Conditions. The nature and complexity of event operations means that we are unlikely to enforce these Conditions in every instance in which there is a breach. However, notwithstanding this we nonetheless reserve the right to enforce (without limitation whether by taking practical steps and/or bringing legal proceedings) in every instance where we deem it appropriate. No failure or delay to enforce, or decision by us not to enforce, should be construed as a waiver of our right to do so.